Organisation: National Coalition on the Education Emergency
Location: Bengaluru/Delhi (preferred)
About the Organisation:
The National Coalition on the Education Emergency is a group of individuals and organisations that have come together to work on issues relating to the impact on the pandemic on school education in India. The NCEE working groups produce research studies, curricular resources and guidelines for the education recovery process after COVID to support governments and teachers, network with grassroot organizations to mobilize support, and push for action to address the Education Emergency.
- Planning and executing advocacy campaigns – this will include letters to government authorities on educational issues, writing policy briefs, media pieces, filing RTIs seeking information on government programs
- Keeping track of developments pertaining to education in different states and identifying areas for research/ advocacy/ education support intervention and documentation of programs and initiatives addressing the education emergency.
- Networking and mobilising different stakeholders working in areas concerning children’s rights/well-being and their education
- Supporting and conducting studies on different educational issues
- Organizing online and on-site events, meetings and consultations
- Systematic outreach to media, building the media profile of NCEE and increasing the coverage of the Education Emergency
Experience and Skills:
- Fluency in speaking and writing English essential. Proficiency in Hindi/regional language useful.
- Understanding of and interest in education and Indian social contexts
- Keen interest and experience in issues of education and social justice
The place of work can be Bengaluru or Delhi, with occasional travel across India.
Remote working possibilities from other locations can be considered for the suitable candidate.
Remuneration will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Please email your CV / enclosed forms to email@example.com on or before November 20, 2022.