[Socialmobilization] Fwd: Invitation to meeting of 'Social Mobilization' WG + updates on "National Coalition on Education Emergency"

Guru Guru at ITforChange.net
Sun Aug 8 17:00:32 IST 2021

Dear all,

Thank you for your participation in the meeting yesterday on 'Social
Mobilization' for the Education Emergency.  We will add all your mail
ids to the e-list SocialMobilization at educationemergency.net.  The e-list
can be accessed on
https://educationemergency.net/pipermail/socialmobilization_educationemergency.net
Discussion highlights:

 1. Briefly, there are immediate follow up activities/meetings in three
    states - (i) Karnataka - around August 15 (ii) Rajasthan - possibly
    on August 20 (iii) Jharkhand by the end of August. These meetings
    will involve different social organizations and will be organized
    according to local contexts and contacts.  They will all raise
    issues related to the education emergency.
 2. The work done in Karnataka State Coordination Committee of SMCs of
    federation at village, district and state committees through the
    Vidyarthiya Nade Shaleya Kade program can also give us inputs
 3. We would prepare a set of resources that organizations and
    individuals /parents can use - such as letters, petitions,
    educational resources, making use of research findings, policy
    trackers etc.
     1. A basic note on the thoughts  and proposed actions from the
        Coalition is available on the
        https://educationemergency.net/2021/08/resume-and-renew-education-for-26-crore-childrenpage,
        which has  been translated into Kannada -
        https://educationemergency.net/2021/08/resume-and-renew-education-for-26-crore-children-kn
        and  Hindi
        https://educationemergency.net/2021/08/resume-and-renew-education-for-26-crore-children-hi(Bengali,
        Tamil and Malayalam WIP)
     2. A basic google doc on the kinds of activities the group can
        organize and the communities the group needs to interact with is
        available in the google drive
        *https://tinyurl.com/ee-googledrive* in the sub folder *2.
        Social Mobilization*
     3. The presentation made by Sajitha is  also in the same sub folder
     4. A covering letter can be submitted to Education Ministers along
        with the note prepared on the Education Emergency, wherever  it
        is possible/useful (Karnataka, Rajasthan, Kerala, Delhi,
        Jharkhand, Maharashtra..)
 4. We will leverage the network of organizations to collect data on
    different topics through short, high frequency surveys that can
    assist the social mobilization work.
 5. We will meet again soon, date to be fixed to discuss and plan the
    activities mentioned in the google
    <https://tinyurl.com/ee-googledrive> doc and others, in coordination
    with the 'state coordinators' of the social mobilization group.
    Members need to reach out to their networks in other states to plan
    mobilization efforts in that  state.

Pl add/modify to the above. The public  chat  and shared notes from the
meeting are attached.

thanks and regards,
Guru