[Research] Meeting tomorrow 16 Sept at 6PM (IST)

Guru Guru at ITforChange.net
Wed Sep 15 19:52:29 IST 2021

Gurumurthy Kasinathan
www.ITforChange.Net| Cell:91 9845437730 | Tel:91 80 26654134, 26536890
My search engine is https://duckduckgo.com. Make it yours.
On 15/09/21 6:21 pm, Neha Ghatak wrote:
> Hello everybody,
> Hope you are all doing well. This has been a very hectic period for
> CBPS. Since most of our field-based work was delayed due to COVID, we
> are trying to make the best out of this period and finish all our
> pending field based activities. Our research team is travelling and we
> are in fact currently working in 3 states - simultaneously, hosting
> workshops in Chattisgarh, Bihar and Gujarat.
> We anticipate the next couple of days to be very busy and therefore,
> it will be difficult for Jyotsna and me to join the meetings.
> Although, we will continue to engage through emails and keep you
> posted on our activities, especially with reference to our work on
> education in emergencies.
> I am happy to inform you that we are currently undertaking surveys of
> HH - parents and children in Bihar. This is in addition to the
> telephonic surveys (3 rounds) that were previously conducted. The plan
> is to do a cohort analysis of the households to understand the
> prolonged impact of covid on livelihoods and education of children. I
> will share the report as soon as it is ready to be published. This
> survey will be novel, not just because it is a cohort analysis based
> survey, but also because we are trying to reach children who have
> previously been unreached through telephones and reside in the most
> interior hamlets in rural/peri-urban Bihar.
> We are also working on a toolkit for teachers - on education in
> emergencies. We will pilot the toolkit soon, with teachers and
> district/block level functionaries in Bihar. The state government has
> responded positively to our efforts, so fingers crossed that
> everything goes as per plan.

sorry missed this. Our Education Support to Schools and Communities is
also working on teacher toolkit (academic resources/approaches) so am
copying Ranjani and Mythili for their info. Some initial work on
collating has begun
<https://teacher-network.in/OER/index.php/User:Ranjani/Test_Page>
Though this is  initially in English and the toolkit you are working on
must be in Hindi (we can add that to the site as well).

thanks
Guru