[Research] Meeting tomorrow 16 Sept at 6PM (IST)

Neha Ghatak neha at cbps.in
Wed Sep 15 18:21:58 IST 2021

Hello everybody,
Hope you are all doing well. This has been a very hectic period for CBPS.
Since most of our field-based work was delayed due to COVID, we are trying
to make the best out of this period and finish all our pending field based
activities. Our research team is travelling and we are in fact currently
working in 3 states - simultaneously, hosting workshops in Chattisgarh,
Bihar and Gujarat.
We anticipate the next couple of days to be very busy and therefore, it
will be difficult for Jyotsna and me to join the meetings. Although, we
will continue to engage through emails and keep you posted on our
activities, especially with reference to our work on education in
emergencies.
I am happy to inform you that we are currently undertaking surveys of HH -
parents and children in Bihar. This is in addition to the telephonic
surveys (3 rounds) that were previously conducted. The plan is to do a
cohort analysis of the households to understand the prolonged impact of
covid on livelihoods and education of children. I will share the report as
soon as it is ready to be published. This survey will be novel, not just
because it is a cohort analysis based survey, but also because we are
trying to reach children who have previously been unreached through
telephones and reside in the most interior hamlets in rural/peri-urban
Bihar.
We are also working on a toolkit for teachers - on education in
emergencies. We will pilot the toolkit soon, with teachers and
district/block level functionaries in Bihar. The state government has
responded positively to our efforts, so fingers crossed that everything
goes as per plan.
Wish us luck. Hope to see you all soon.

Warmly,
Neha