[Educationsupport] [Updates] Press release - Karnataka specific

Guru Guru at ITforChange.net
Fri Aug 13 10:26:46 IST 2021

Dear all,

Karnataka has a new Education Minister, who is positive to the idea of
opening primary schools. (Niranjan Aradhya has had an interaction with
him on this issue).

As a process of social mobilization, the SDMC Federation of Karnataka is
organizing protests at district level across the state tomorrow, where
students will sing select songs and hold posters for school opening.
(Kannada variants of these posters
<https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/17_mtN2Wa5gSIyLHOWNmtSWeAWpWhem6Z?usp=sharing>
will be made for this purpose).

Our Karnataka based members also wanted to make a press release that
would give some additional support to the minister's thinking. I am
attaching the press release draft for your comments  and suggestions,
which will be released on behalf of the National Coalition, and shared
with the minister, along with the note
<https://educationemergency.net/2021/08/resume-and-renew-education-for-26-crore-children-kn>
on the education emergency. Please share your comments by the end of today.

One of the next steps the coalition working groups should consider is
starting work on the "school opening guidelines" (both the educational
and the administrative aspects) as a substantive input to their
planning. Of course, we will begin with collating guidelines that  are
already available in the public domain.

regards,
Guru