[Research] Sept 9 meeting - survey questionnaire - V4

Sajitha Bashir sajitha.bashir at gmail.com
Thu Sep 9 20:04:16 IST 2021

Hi Archana and colleagues

We discussed the final version of the questionnaire. Note that the
questionnaire focuses on the school -re-opening experience and on issues
that we think are important.

Earlier versions incorporated suggestions from Neha/Marzia. Subsequently, I
adapted some questions from Jean's survey, and also rephrased questions to
focus on the school re-opening process and the issues we are covering in
the guidelines (communication, academic suppport etc). Some questions also
had to be recast because of the possibility that LP schools may not be open
etc. Colleagues in Telegana have also provided inputs.

The questionnaire is also now laid out
(Guru - I have indicated what could be cut, but suggest you keep them for
pre-test; however, you can decide)

Anyway, summarizing next steps
- Translation into Kannada
- Set up software and data collection flow process
- Pre-test in Karnataka
- Make final changes to questionnaire
- Train the data collectors
- Conduct survey in Karnataka
Guru's team will prepare a short timeline of above
and hopefully
- Translate into Telugu
- Conduct in Telengana

We will translate into other languages if people are willing to do the
survey in other states.  The benefits : we provide a common survey
instrument; provide the software for data collection and analysis; we can
train the data collectors ;  get quick results and compare across states,
groups etc.

Sajitha