[Research] [Core] press release - Karnataka (Open LPS, start MMS)

Guru Guru at ITforChange.net
Tue Oct 19 11:54:15 IST 2021

Yes Rishi,  I fully agree.

The figures you mention are misleading - firstly the number itself is
suspect. Secondly, the number masks the difference between 'access' and
'meaningful access' (just like between toilets and functioning toilets),
which
https://www.deccanherald.com/opinion/in-perspective/online-education-is-not-the-solution-1007921.html
discusses in some detail.

I think the Coalition should formally write to UNICEF / IHD and ask them
to relook at this data, with some explanation. I have attached a draft,
largely borrowing from the above article, could you review/revise the
same. Request comments from others as well. We can formally send it end
of this week?

thanks and regards,
Guru