[Educationsupport] Education Support Group Meeting this week

Sriranjani Ranganathan sriranjani.ranganathan at gmail.com
Mon Oct 18 22:36:37 IST 2021

 Dear friends,

There will be no meeting of this group this week.

Here is a short update on the work that is being done/ needing to be done...

   1.

   We had discussed during our meeting on Oct 12th,  the creation of
   booklets/ handbooks for teachers on specific themes (including projects)
   that would facilitate a teachers’ re-imagination of how they could teach.
   These could include sample activities, student practice work as well as
   assessments. These guidebooks can be structured along a template – which
   would allow teachers to implement the activities, as well as develop
   extensions based on their contexts and the levels of the children they
   teach. These could be piloted with teacher networks that we have access to.
   The objectives are two-fold (i) to support teachers in trying out new
   methodologies and (ii) using learning resources to create conversations
   among teachers on what to teach and how..

   Please do share your thoughts on how to structure these handbooks as
   well as how we can reach out to teachers; we could also pilot these with
   cohorts of student teachers in teacher education institutions.
   2.

   Sajitha and Guru had shared a document on school reopening guidelines
   requesting feedback and inputs. Request all of you to share your thoughts
   and comments as well.

Our next meeting will be on Oct 26th.

Best regards

Ranjani and Mythili