[Research] posters

Jyotsna Jha jyotsna at cbps.in
Sat Aug 21 10:44:21 IST 2021

Dear Jean,
It is indeed no surprise - nothing is, I guess.
But I really think it is best to declare 2020-21 a zero year. Application
of any nuanced approach calls for the kind of preparation that is just not
possible in some states. Even the 'best' children in these schools would
not have learnt much and hence clubbing them together should not be an
issue. This is not detention once that is done, efforts can be directed
towards making teachers better equipped in two respects: (i) to deal with
diversity - children who have had no support and children who received some
support, (ii) sifting key concepts and focussing on those, as kids are
losing two and not one year. That way, children who were in class I in 2020
will reach class 2 in 2022, and those in class 2 will reach class III in
2022 hopefully trying to learn key concepts of both classes by March 2022.
These are not ideal solutions but given my recent experiences of seeing how
things are in many states, this too seems ambitious to me.
Jyotsna